A: There are numerous bits of information required to build a successful website – but at the risk of taking up too much space, I have compiled a list of 10 items. Be sure to have the answers to these questions ready when you meet with a builder/designer. There will be additional questions asked, but these will serve as a great start!
1. How do you describe your organization/business: What is your 30-second elevator speech?
2. Who are your competitors and what sets you apart from them?
3. Who is your site intended to serve?
4. How will you connect with customers on a regular basis?
5. Will you have regularly occurring or long-term events that should be considered?
6. Will you need to update the content of the site on your own?
7. What other sites do you like and dislike?
8. Are there specific features you would like to see included or avoided?
9. Will this site need user registration and need to be able to save data?
10. When would you like this project to go live?