We are excited to announce that Minneapolis-based MicroGrants is the winner of Checkerboard’s first-ever Nonprofit Web Rescue Contest!
MicroGrants awards strategic grants to low-income people of potential. It’s a simple model that produces powerful results. Foundations, families, companies and individuals donate funds, and partner agencies nominate grantees, just at the time they are ready for their next step forward.
MicroGrants will receive:
• A professionally designed, user-friendly website, built on WordPress, with intuitive navigation and layout, and faster loading times
• A content hub that is encourages interaction
• Improved search engine optimization so it shows up higher in the search engines
• Strong, clear content that matters to its audience
• Clean and interesting imagery
• Training plus a training manual to ensure that the new site can be kept fresh and updated
• A social media makeover including one month’s worth of relevant social media content
• A $5,000 media campaign to promote the charity and its newly designed site to its target audience, provided by Media Relations.
We are extremely proud to be able to donate our resources to this very deserving cause, and look forward to delivering outstanding service and high-quality deliverables.
Selecting from among the top five finalists was tough. They are all doing excellent work in our communities. Ultimately, the decision came down to the organization for which we determined we could have the greatest impact.
From time to time, we will report here on the progress of the elements of MicroGrant’s rescue package. We hope that by sharing these updates that all of our readers might get valuable marketing tips and ideas to use within your organization.
On behalf of the Checkerboard and Media Relations teams, we want to express our admiration for the work of all of the nominees. We wish great success to each of them.