Great content works for more than just posting to your blog or sharing on Facebook. It can also be added and shared to LinkedIn to show your personality, areas of expertise and to provide value to your various Connections. Try these ideas and see which ones best engage your audience:
- Post well-thought-out weekly/monthly updates about your personal or career accomplishments. These will stay on your profile for weeks or months so be cautious about what you post.
- Highlight your company’s features or new products in your status.
- Share industry-related tips that have benefited you.
- Ask a question in your status to engage your connections in a discussion.
- Add any publications you have written to your profile, such as white papers or feature articles.
- Share your personal or company blog on your profile.
- ‘Like’ or create status updates about articles and news you find interesting.
- Utilize your profile’s summary section to sell yourself. Instead of summarizing what you have done, format the summary to explain how you can help clients.
- Check out the new applications available for profiles. Many of them syndicate content you may already be creating:
- WordPress blog integration displays your articles
- Display your Behance art and writing portfolios
- Show the latest books you’ve read with Amazon’s book list
- Share events you attend or any traveling you’ve done
- Add SlideShare presentations you enjoy
Regularly delivering valuable content to your first-degree contacts will build your credibility and engage your audience. It can also be used to enhance your profile, display your interests, and bring some memorable personality to your LinkedIn presence.