Checkerboard build all of our clients’ websites on the popular platform called WordPress, a blogging and content management software that’s loaded with desirable and valuable features. There are many reasons why you should consider a WordPress website, but I’m going to start by telling you my top 10!
Q: Why WordPress?
1. Ease of Use: WordPress is very user-friendly and has an intuitive interface. You can add and edit pages, blog posts, media, etc. in a matter of minutes. The editing tool set is familiar and simple, which makes learning it a breeze.
2. Managed From Anywhere: WordPress is browser-based, which means you can log in from any computer with an Internet connection to manage your site.
3. Search Engine Optimization: The code behind WordPress is very clean and simple, making it easy for search engines to read and index the content. In addition, WordPress contains many additional features to fine tune your content for SEO.
4. User-Controlled Management: You have complete control of the content management for your website. No need to contact a web developer to make changes; you can make nearly all of them yourself.
5. Blog Capabilities: Since WordPress was originally created as a blogging platform, blogging capabilities are built in and easy to integrate. Setting up RSS and email subscriptions to your blog is very simple, helping to extend your reach.
6. Scalable: WordPress sites can grow as you grow. You can have hundreds of thousands of pages or blog posts on your site and the site’s performance will not be compromised.
7. Scheduling Options: You can write multiple posts with valuable content and then schedule them to publish on the date and time that you choose. You can manage your site on your time.
8. Social Media Integration: You can automatically syndicate your blog posts to popular social networks such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. Instead of having to post content to each of your social media channels individually, you can publish a post on your website and it can automatically post on your social networks.
9. Engagement: Through the use of blog comments, you can have two-way conversations with your website’s visitors. This encourages engagement and growth.
10. Mobile Friendly: WordPress has many templates that are responsive to mobile viewing. This means visitors can view your website from their computers or their mobile phones and the design and functionality will stay intact.
Checkerboard Strategic Web Development specializes in building custom WordPress websites. We’d love to help you build your WordPress site! Call Alicia at (612) 283-4846 to learn more.