The right hashtag choices can help you reach broader audiences that are more likely to share and spread your message. When posting content on blogs, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest, your hashtags go beyond connecting you with your regular target market: They help connect you with people around the world. This is why it’s important to use your hashtags effectively. Here is a list of Do’s and Don’t when it comes to hashtagging.
- Pair your hashtags with images similar to your post and hashtag
- Use 2-3 hashtags per post, but don’t let them distract from your main message
- Always include hashtags when you post to blogging communities to better engage with and track conversations
- Take advantage of trending hashtags that relate to your content
- Use hashtags that are trending if they don’t relate to your content
- Use long hashtags that are difficult to read
- Hashtag every word in your post
- Write posts that consist of only a hashtag. You need to post content, and the hashtag should follow the content
Learn more at our FREE class Crafting a Standout Social Media Strategy on July 30th. Register here!