Content marketing strives to inspire, influence and move people to action. But when you’re under deadline and staring at a blank screen, those lofty goals can seem insurmountable. When clients call us to help with these situations, we may use one of these five types of share-worthy content.
Here are the five share-worthy angles you may want to try:
- Give readers a fresh perspective to an everyday topic. For example, instead of simply describing the rise in career opportunities for women in construction, talk about the surge in contractors’ tools sized to fit women’s hands.
- Educate while entertaining. Illustrate your well-written content with a YouTube video. Dr. Oz uses this formula on his TV show with huge success. He features animations and giant models of body parts. Some people are visual learners. Others prefer to read and absorb. Good content appeals to both audience types.
- Tell a compelling story. Channel your inner Mark Twain, who was a champion at using a captivating story to convey his message. People love behind-the-scenes stories. Tell how your company name or logo was developed, how your first prototype was created, or a human interest story about one of your company’s leaders. Give people reasons to connect with you and your product on multiple levels.
- Take your audience on a journey. Whether you source internationally, or all of your suppliers are domestic, introduce your customers to the faces and locations that are integral to your business.
- Remind people of long-forgotten basics. Nostalgia is nearly always a hit. Compare and contrast. Grandma may have sworn by cod liver oil. Today, you may sell purified omega-3 supplements that don’t cause fish burps. Tell readers why you are the present and the future.
Call us at 952-697-5211 to use our on-call writing services. Most clients simply put a small sum of money on account, then contact us whenever they need something written. Our writers can help you with projects and/or campaigns that have defined start and end points. We’re available to write web content or a batch of Facebook posts to support a product launch. Or, perhaps you need a series of blogs as part of a new PR campaign. We’re also on call to write bios, Tweets, professional award nominations and case studies.
We can help you with your content marketing, either on an ongoing or project-by-project basis. Let’s get started!