Having a great sales funnel and measurable conversion point, and being able to easily publish updates to your site is a must. But to understand what puts the power into our sites you have to understand syndication. These sites make your content portable. By portable I mean the content is fully separate from the design and can be re-posted in a completely different design or even a different platform. Look at this example: we published a story on our site about a new Web site launch through our site.
Here are 13 things that could happen with my content when I push publish:
- Post to my Web site
- Be sent to our Facebook Fan Page
- Linked in Twitter
- Retweeted by key staff
- Posted to Digg, Delicious and other social book marketing sites
- Sent to the search engines for indexing
- Posted on my personal Twitter and Facebook profiles
- Sent out in a email marketing letter to my prospect list.
- Published on our MarketSmart Connections Web sites, Twitter Feeds, and email lists
- Published on AllTop and other news aggregators
- Published to syndication relationships where they get ad revenue generated from traffic to my content on their site and you get the word out.
- Our Internal Yammer Account (for sales and support staff) to be shared with their prospects.
- Alerted on my cell phone
- What can you dream up?
This package was not developed from a technical perspective though the options were pivotal to selecting the right tools. We brought together all our companies for this.