A: YES! Aren’t we all looking for some type of digital organization in our lives?! Well, good news – there are plenty of social media management applications available, and while some offer fee-based services, some offer free services with an option to upgrade to a fee-based service. I have included five options here, each with their own appeal depending on your level of need and desire for features. Some are designed as desktop applications and others are mobile apps. For additional information – click on the name of the service to be directed to their website!
- HootSuite: Widely considered to be the most popular of all the apps available that works as a desktop application, within your browser, and on some mobile devices. HootSuite works with a wide variety of networks including Facebook (both personal and professional), Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google Plus. It also has built-in analytics and a feature to schedule posts. They have plans that are free and fee-based, as well as a 30-day trial period. Additionally, HootSuite has just acquired another popular Social Media Management application – Seesmic.
- TweetDeck: Very popular free web app that can be installed on a hard drive as a desktop application and on select mobile devices. You are able to watch your updates stream in columns and in real-time. TweetDeck works with Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Foursquare and more.
- SproutSocial: A powerful, collaborative management and engagement platform that is browser-based with some mobile options. SproutSocial is used by individuals and businesses alike to not only manage social media accounts – but also to publish and analyze efforts. Some features included are: a single stream inbox, scheduling and posting of messages, unlimited reporting for all accounts, keyword monitoring, and a help desk. They have three levels of plans available for purchase and include a 30-day trial.
- TwitterFeed: This utility is integrated into social media accounts in order to feed any RSS supported content to Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and App.net. Users and bloggers are able to automatically update their accounts with new blog posts pulled from the feed and can also customize the format of the posts. Users are also able to track feeds with real-time stats.
- SocialOomph: This easy to use application allows you to not only manage Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn – but also manage and schedule blog posts and RSS Feeds. They offer a free account and two additional fee-based accounts. They also offer a free 7-day trial. The free option allows you a variety of features including the ability to schedule tweets, track keywords, shorten URL’s and create unlimited accounts.
These are five great options for anyone that uses multiple social media accounts. They offer similar features – but with varying degrees of technical capabilities. Since they are either free – or offer a free trial period, it may be worthwhile to utilize more than one to find the best fit for your needs.