A: The short answer is – always make improvements to your site! The long answer is – use a combination of the suggestions listed below to increase SEO and the effectiveness of the ‘spiders’ that search engines use to ‘crawl’ websites:
- Place links to your website on multiple other websites
- Create pages that clearly and accurately display your content
- Continually add new & fresh content to your site
- Consider adding direct links to your social media channels on your site.
- Place links to your website on your social media sites and update content often
- If you have updates and/or a newsletter – consider utilizing a service like MailChimp to help facilitate sign-ups.
- Make your website unique and engaging – make it stand out from others that are similar
- Ensure your site includes the keywords within it that visitors will use to search for you
- Check often for broken links and correct them
- Create a sitemap
- Submit your site to search engines (Google, Bing, Yahoo!, etc.)
For more assistance and detailed explanations for the items above– click here
For information on utilizing MailChimp – click here
Lastly, consider if your website needs an update. Many people don’t realize how quickly the platforms to build websites on change. They are much more ‘user-friendly’ now than they were even just five years ago! We recommend building your new site on WordPress as it is fairly simple for you to make most of the necessary updates and posts yourself. If you are interested in exploring this option further, click here for more information!