LinkedIn’s Advanced Search feature has excellent options to narrow your networking searches to the best people and companies.
- Search for companies based on industry to get a broader range of options.
- The largest companies will always appear at the top of search results.
- Narrow searches by location, size, followers and fortune, to zero in on your target audience.
- Fortune searches will provide the most valuable companies as rated by Fortune magazine.
- Clicking on any company will show you a list of current employees and your possible connections with them. Use these results to get introductions to the right people within each company.
- Use the Advanced People Search option to conduct highly specific searches by name, industry, company, job title, city, country and keywords.
- The best search results are obtained by using industry + job title + keywords.
- Sort these results by “relationship” to see how you are connected with people and how you might get introductions to people of interest.
I’ll just put it out there: I don’t like the concept of job search. I vote for the term being eliminated from our lexicon, and replace with “job find.” How would it feel if the right people and the right opportunities came to you? I’m not talking about magic. I’m talking about positioning yourself the right way so that you attract those right opportunities. Magnetizing your audience and magnetizing your opportunities is the next secret to successful LinkedIn job search.
Most candidates are currently doing the opposite of magnetizing. Think about this: going uphill is hard, right? Pushing a boulder while you’re going uphill would be even harder, no? All that pushing is what most people do in the job search. You’re pushing yourself out there, blasting your resume out to companies, and bothering recruiters you don’t really know, who are likely not in an industry relevant to you, and who don’t know of anything open for which you could be a match. Instead, magnetize. Attract. Position and optimize your LinkedIn profile so that when employers and recruiters search for someone with your particular brand of expertise, you appear high in the search results. We have a full presentation on how to magnetize in our free webinar https://goo.gl/KT9pV