Facebook Timelines Activated for Brand Pages
Earlier this morning Facebook opened up their new Timeline design for brand pages, so you can change your Facebook Page to the timeline any time before it automatically changes in 30 days. Here are some key changes you should know about before March 30th.
- The top of your profile will require a large scale “cover” photo. These photos have strict regulations on what the images can and cannot contain, such as no web addresses, advertisements, coupons or promotions to ‘like’ the page.
- The wall will now appear as two columns with posts staggered on either side and arranged by date.
- Various Facebook posts can now be ‘starred’, which will make them a full-width post to grab fan’s attention.
- You can ‘pin’ valuable posts to the top of your profile, so they won’t be moved down the wall by more recent activity.
- Brands can send and receive private messages from Facebook users if the user messages you first – Gear up your customers service teams to be ready for this!
We are are discussing how we will begin to implement it on our new Facebook page. Follow us as our new communication strategy comes together on our new Facebook page.
Let us know if you’d like assistance or advice with the transition – We’re always here to help! Give us a call at 612-798-7244.