Maintaining multiple sites that don’t work well together can be tough, add in social media and email channels for multiple brands and it can become a nightmare. Keeping your content streams flowing is hard enough, knowing how to post to any of your sites and promotional channels is essential to maintaining your editorial calendar. Let me show you what it looks like when everything works together.
Biotropics Malaysia Berhad is a Malaysia-based company with the vision to merge ancient health traditions with modern science and clinical research to create truly unique, safe and effective nutritional supplements. The company decided to transform its old Blogger site into a new network of four WordPress driven publishing web sites through our Multi-Site Core Pack.
The Biotropics network of sites and social media channels uses our multi-site core build allowing community or brand managers to manage multiple Web domains from their new social media hub. Secondary sites have sprouted up for their different segments as well as one site around a hot topic in the news. This configuration reduces site maintenance and duplicate site launches as well as allowing one director manage all of the sites or have different users to manage their own domain and grow their prospective networks independently.
Biotropics’ goals for its new U.S. sites are to build general awareness among consumers, retailers and healthcare professionals, inform about Biotropics’ products, and promote customer (retail-level) involvement in social media channels.
To clarify its brand architecture, Biotropics needed a network of four sites, each focusing on specific educational messages:
- Biotropics Blog: Focuses on company news, media placements and general vitality information
- Tenaga Blog: A consumer-facing site with news and information about its Tenaga finished product
- Physta Blog: Informational site for scientists and product formulators containing clinical studies and scientific information about its proprietary ingredient
- Tongkat ali Blog: Simple blog structure with all the latest news on anything to do with the generic ingredient category, Tongkat ali
Our Multi-site core gives our customers control over multiple sites allowing for posting of content to be added.
Biotropics’ and Tenaga’s sites are also linked to social media channels to promote engagement with their consumers on topics of men’s health, vitality, general wellness and relationships. Facebook serves as another outlet for consumers to get relevant articles and information, while Twitter is used as a customer service and question-and-answer resource. All engagements that occur in social media channels are tracked and analyzed, to ensure topics are causing engagement with the target audience.
Other notable site features include:
- Detailed product tabs with usage directions, benefits and ingredients
- Numerous YouTube videos featuring experts discussing topics related to Tongkat ali
- Syndication tools allowing content that is added to one site to post on all four
- Automated RSS feeds pulling in relevant content from other Internet sources to the Tongkat ali blog
- Color schemes and brand messaging unique to each site
Biotropics’ four new sites are great content and social media hubs, expanding its brand messaging reach around the U.S. The sites’ toolset is simple to use for even their not-so-tech-savvy staff members and puts Biotropics well on its way to achieving its goals.